- The Maryland State Beekeeper Association is a non-profit organization, dedicated to the advancement of beekeeping and the improvement of beekeeping skills in Maryland since 1908.
- MSBA membership is the perfect compliment to your local club membership, and your next step in advancing your beekeeping
- Swap tips and tricks with beekeepers from across the state
- Meet experts from across the country
- Receive our e-newsletter, the 'Beeline', to stay up-to-date with beekeeping news and events
- Find local Queens for Sale (or list your own for sale) on our special web page.
- Become authorized to buy an official Maryland Beekeeping License Plate for your vehicle
- Choose to post your Local Honey for Sale in our online list, and drum up extra business
- Choose to post your contact info in our Members Only Online Directory - Members can find each other to bee friends
- Choose a 'Hassle Free' membership which will automatically renew your membership each year.
We hold 3 meetings a year, and they are HUGE.
- 100's of members come (we have over 800 members!)
- A variety of renown experts speak on bees and beekeeping, including biology, genetics, CCD, queen rearing, parasites, anatomy, equipment, etc.
- Panel discussions explore the pros and cons of various beekeeping approaches and methodologies.
- Researchers present their latest findings
- Retail representatives stock booths so you can get a real feel of equipment you've been eyeing in the catalogs.
- There are also fun drawings for free bee supplies to lucky winners
Your MSBA membership dues help support beekeeping in all of Maryland:
- Grant Funds for Graduate Students researching honey bees, including queen rearing, bee health, CCD, etc.
- Maryland Farm Bureau Membership to Support Bee-Friendly Legislation
- American Bee Federation Membership Support
- Annual membership is only $20 / 365 days!
- Renew early - 365 days are added to the end of your membership! You get every day you pay for.
- Lifetime membership is only $200