Bee Clubs in and around Maryland are invited to announce upcoming Beekeeping Classes on this page.
If your club has an upcoming bee class, an officer of the club can request the class be posted on this page by clicking HERE.
MSBA does not review or endorse these classes, so potential students should contact the course instructors directly to see if the classes will meet their needs.
Montgomery County Beekeepers Association
MCBA will present a 7 session course for Beginning Beekeepers
The course consists of SEVEN weekly classes (each 2-hours) and includes lectures, demonstrations of tools & equipment, and hands-on sessions in the apiary, where students can experience the excitement of working a hive.
DATES: Classes meet Tuesdays, 7:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m., February 6, 13, 20, 27, March 6, 13, 20.
LOCATION: Holiday Park Senior Center
3950 Ferrara Drive
Wheaton, Maryland 20906
Ph. 240-777-4999 is the Center's Front Desk (Not related to MCBA)
COST: $70 for MCBA members and includes your textbook, "The BEEKEEPER'S HANDBOOK".
MORE INFO: For complete syllabus and many details, CLICK HERE
Washington County Beekeepers Association
Introduction to Beekeeping Short Course
WCBA will present a 2-day Beekeeping Short Course
DATES: January 13 and 20, 2018 from 9 am to 3 pm, with a snow date of January 27, 2018.
LOCATION: Shafer Park Community Center, 37 Park Drive, Boonsboro, MD 21713
COST: $40 per person and $20 for one additional family member.
MORE INFO: The minimum age to attend is 12 years old. The course fee includes one “Beekeeping Basics” book per family and a one-year membership in the Washington County Beekeepers Association.
The course registration form is available on WCBA’s website; click on the Resources tab. http://washingtoncountybeekeepers.weebly.com/
Space is limited and attendance will be confirmed upon receipt of a completed registration form and payment.
Please contact Mary Brady at email@example.com for more information.
Beekeeping Clubs in Maryland: Your Choice for Learning
There are local, county-oriented beekeeping clubs across Maryland. This is your chance to meet beekeepers, understand beekeeping in your local area, and perhaps get some experience at working with bees while getting early access to Spring beekeeping instruction.
Local Beekeeping Organizations
- ALLEGHENY MOUNTAIN BEEKEEPERS ASSOCIATION, President: Jeff McIntyre, firstname.lastname@example.org
- ANNE ARUNDEL BEEKEEPERS ASSOCIATION, President: Carl Guerci, email@example.com,
- APPALACHIAN BEEKEEPERS ASSOCIATION, President: Hop Cassidy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- ASSOCIATION OF SOUTHERN MARYLAND BEEKEEPERS, President: Steve Cox, (301) 472-4359, email@example.com.
- BALTIMORE BACKYARD BEEKEEPERS NETWORK, President: Beth Sherring, firstname.lastname@example.org
- BUMBA: BOWIE UPPER MARLBORO BEEKEEPERS ASSOCIATION, President: Maggie Mills, email@example.com
- CARROLL COUNTY BEEKEEPERS ASSOCIATION, President: Fred Sypher, Info@CarrollCountyBeekeepers.org
- CENTRAL MARYLAND BEEKEEPERS ASSOCIATION, President: Ed Neubauer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- DC BEEKEEPERS ALLIANCE, Toni Burnham, email@example.com
- EASTERN SHORE BEEKEEPERS ASSOCIATION, President: Paul Dill (302) 249-1866
- FREDERICK BACKYARD BEEKEEPERS, President: John Klapac, firstname.lastname@example.org, (301) -639-1894
- FREDERICK COUNTY BEEKEEPING ASSOCIATION, President: Liz Baker, Lizbaker99@hotmail.com,www.frederickbees.org
- HOWARD COUNTY BEEKEEPERS ASSOCIATION, President: Jason Ellis, email@example.com
- LOWER EASTERN SHORE BEEKEEPERS ASSOCIATION, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.lowershorebeekeepers.org
- MONTGOMERY COUNTY BEEKEEPERS ASSOCIATION, President: Leon Vandenberg,email@example.com
- NORTHERN VIRGINIA BEEKEEPERS ASSOCIATION, www.novabees.org
- SUSQUEHANNA BEEKEEPERS ASSOCIATION. President: Harry Dutcher, firstname.lastname@example.org
- UPPER EASTERN SHORE BEEKEEPING ASSOCIATION, President: Donald Sparks, (410) 708-6360 email@example.com
- WASHINGTON COUNTY BEEKEEPERS ASSOCIATION, Samantha Achey,firstname.lastname@example.org
- WYE RIVER BEEKEEPERS ASSOCIATION, Contact: BeeGeorgehoney@hotmail.com