TUITION: $50 and a current MSBA membership
Saturday, May 02, 2020 POSTPONED
TIME: 8:30AM - 4:30 PM (8:30 Coffee & snacks, 9:00 Class)
LOCATION: University of Maryland / Plant Sciences Building / Room 1250 / The parking garage address is 200 Regents Drive, College Park, MD 20742 (Important parking info at bottom of this page)
CLASS SIZE: Limited to the first 35 members who enroll.
TEXT BOOK: (INCLUDED!) A Handbook for Honey Judges and Beekeepers Exhibiting Hive Products, by James Thompson
DESCRIPTION: This class will cover all of the basics of honey show judging. It is ideal for everyone wanting to improve their honey show entries, and for people pursuing judging certification - although taking this class will not certify you as a Maryland Judge.
- Cybil Preston, Maryland certified Honey Show Judges, Maryland State Apiary Inspector, owner Cybbees
- David Morris, Maryland certified Honey Show Judges
- Bill McGiffin, Maryland certified Honey Show Judges
- Bart Smith, Maryland certified Honey Show Judges
- Jim Fraser, Maryland certified Honey Show Judges Owner, Maryland Honey Company and former MSBA president
- Judging philosophy
- All forms of honey including liquid, comb, creamed, cut, chunk, frames and sections
- Arts and crafts
- Gift baskets
- Using refractometers (hands on)
- Using polariscopes (hands on)
- Enrollment fees are non-refundable
- Light snacks will be provided
- Bringing your own lunch is recommended but the Stamp Student Union is a short walk with fast food options LINK
- If UMD is closed due to weather, the class will be postponed.
- If UMD is delayed for 2 hours, we will start ONE HOUR later, at 10 am
- Check your email for scheduling and other announcements
- To help with carpooling, All enrolled students, when logged in, will see a roster of fellow students at the bottom of this page.
PLEASE LOGIN AND YOU WILL SEE THE ENROLLMENT FORM.
If you are not currently a member, please join or renew first.
IMPORTANT PARKING INFO:
- Please park in the Regents Drive parking garage,200 Regents Drive, College Park, MD 20742
- Please DO NOT park in the following spaces:
- Any spaces with signage such as Electric vehicle permit and Carpool permit
- Do not park on the top level. The top level is all metered spaces. Even though permit parking enforcement is lifted you must still pay for these spaces.
- Unmarked spaces. Vehicles not parked in designated spaces will be ticketed or towed
- If you have a high clearance vehicle that cannot be parked in a garage, please contact parking services at 301- 314-3687 to find alternative spaces. Ask them for the closest parking to the Plant Science Building.
- If you have any questions about parking, please contact Mark Dykes at email@example.com or ph. 301-458-0640